The Phineas Lewis house was constructed in 1798 by Captain Judah Woodruff, (1722 -1799), a prominent architect-builder in Farmington, CT. Woodruff was responsible for the construction of the First Church of Christ Congregational (1771) and twenty-one private homes in Farmington. William Gould, of William Gould Architectural Preservation, is dismantling the five-bay, two-story wood-frame building. Check back for more as the project unfolds.
William Gould is a Member of the Guild of Building Artisans.
What happened to the beams?